Bats & Battleships is Jason Breen, Chelsea Feneley, Nikki Fitzsummons and Dylan McCrae.

Moar Words!

I'm No Frost, But...

Stop, I don't know where that cock has been
I don't think it's fair on you
I don't think it's fair on me
I don't think it's fair on
Lift, your hands off my chest
I can't go down this path again
I won't spend this night, with you

I've been down this road
More times than I can recall

Please, promise me that mark is a bruise, from a fall
And not
From the teeth of a child I abhor
Please, don't bite my neck too hard
I gotta go play his girl
You know I can't always be yours

I've been down this road
Too many times to recall
I've been down this path less traveled
More times than I can recall

Zenith, three times.

I began to walk down the road of bills and marks
With the same fear and determination as the soldiers we drank to that day
The only single thought in my head being the taste of your forehead from the hour before
My feet sweeping up the leaves into their own spandau ballet

Now, 1255 days on I find myself walking down that same road
No bills, no marks
The autumn leaves replaced with a cold winter wind
The taste of your forehead replaced with flesh etchings of question marks


It doesn't look the same
But it certainly fucking feels it.

I've been down this road before.


A Toast

So, here we are
The five of us
The anniversary
Of self fed misery

A toast,
To soiled bedsheets
And soiled friendships
A toast, to you
Me, them, us
And all that we have shared

God, I'm horrible
Despicable
But if I didn't have a finger to point
Or a tongue to fork
Tell me, would I be,
Inadmissible?

Was it worth it
Was my finger just long enough?
Was my tongue lace with gold?
A metallic tang on your pierced lip

A toast,
To the copious times I've put wedges in my door
And how I always seem to let you bite my ear
And make it all go away

Look at this Rorschach
Tell me what you see?
I see body parts
Fragmented and joined in two
Look at this Rorschach
Tell me, what do you see

So, I'll raise your glass
Go hunt mother
Redeem yourself beyond blue lens
Then I'll say to you
Go find the one
You're never gonna find it
Here again

No comments:

Post a Comment