Bats & Battleships is Jason Breen, Chelsea Feneley, Nikki Fitzsummons and Dylan McCrae.

I've really let myself go.

Hey there people, I thought I should finally get this old blog out again to give you a more detailed update of how everything has been. As you are aware, we have been recording our first full length since June, and boy has it been a learning experience/roller-coaster ride and a half already.

Dylan recorded his drums in 2 days with conjunctivitis. I spent three weekends being hungover making way too much feedback in someone elses house. Chelsea spent 5 hours recording her parts, nailing most of them on the first attempt. Fitzy is screaming his hole out and making the interface clip at low volume settings. For the most part it has been fairly smooth sailing.

I think the majority of issues has come from my own over-analysis of everything around me. I tend to stress when I do this and never see clearly when it happens, which then causes the issue. Michael and Daniel have done a good job of keeping me composed enough to get the job done. Being a micro manager is rarely a good thing for everyone involved.

Since we began, we have decided to change the name of the album. It is now titled "The Week That Was". This was changed for a number of reasons, but my main reason for the change was that I no longer wanted this album to written out of spite. Despite saying that, it does make a brief appearance.

So now, I present the track list for "The Week That Was"

1. The Annual Reminder
2. A Toast
3. On The Cusp
4. 47°
5. Introjection
6. Your Jacket Pocket
7. Backdating Karma
8. Recreational Gaslighting
9. Hunting The Great White
10. She Found God In Loneliness

We have been filming the majority of the recording session and have been throwing them up on our youtube channel, youtube.com/batsandbattleships. Hopefully you will hear a full track before release.

In regards to shows, we have one booked on August 6th at Hamilton Station, with a couple of others before we have our release show and subsequent run of shows in Sydney, Canberra and Melbourne, so keep your eyes/ears peeled and help spread the word! Hope to fill your life with inane ramblings again soon!

- Jason.

No comments:

Post a Comment